Documents needed

to perform the wedding ceremony

  • elsinore-icon
    You have to print out, fill out and sign The Notice of Marriage. You can download it in English and German here:

    Notice of marriage Eheerklarung-DE
    English German

  • elsinore-icon
    Residence certificate
    Proof of address in home country (can be from the bank, telecommunication company or by a public authority).
  • elsinore-icon
    Passport or national ID (or Schengen visa) or military ID.
  • elsinore-icon
    Birth certificate.
  • elsinore-icon
    Civil status certificate – also called letter of non-impediment, witch confirm your marital status as single, divorced or widowed.

    • – If not already in English, German or Danish, this certificate must be translated by an authorized translator.
    • – The civil status certificate should be no more than 4 month old.

  • elsinore-icon
    Absolute divorce decree or death certificate.
    If you are divorced or widowed, the original decree or certificate must be translated by an authorized translator if not already in English, German or Danish.


If one or both of the parties comes from a country outside the European Union, the documents must be legalized or stamped with an apostil.

Read more on the Municipality of Elsinore´s international site.


Do you have questions?

Please contact us. Or you can  read more about getting married in Elsinore Municipality here.

Please leave this field empty.