There would be hardly anyone who doesn’t like a destination wedding. A beautiful location to tie knots provides a picturesque ambience. Some couples make this dream true by actually choosing the best destination to take vows and collect memories to relive for many more years in the future.
Castle wedding is one of the most loved destination wedding options for couples that wish to have a luxury wedding. The Kronborg Castle Wedding is one of the most popular wedding packages among couples that choose to get married in Denmark. We, Elsinore Wedding, have been arranging destination weddings for foreign couples. Based on our experience, we will share major tips for castle wedding planning. If you hire a destination wedding planner, the planner will take care of these aspects. If you are going to plan your wedding yourself, follow these tips.
1. Research about the castle
- There are two types of castles:
- Real castles and
- Hotels with the interior of a castle or a castle that is transformed into a hotel
- If you really want a feel of a castle wedding, you must choose a real castle such as Kronborg Castle.
2. Check terms and conditions related to a destination wedding in a castle
- All castles are not available to have a wedding ceremony; only some of them are.
- Some castles give private time in predefined chambers or areas of the castle to have a private destination wedding without getting buzzed by other tourists visiting the castle. For example, couples that choose Kronborg Castle Wedding can get one hour of privacy, which is available for indoor locations in the castle.
- There are also some specific rules of each castle for couples that decide to have a destination wedding there.
- To make sure you get your wedding experience as per the expectation, you must check with the authority about all rules and regulations to have a castle wedding.
3. Book in advance
- This is a common tip and everyone knows. However, some couples make the mistake of not booking the castle prior.
- Remember, even if the castle does not have the provision of private space, you have to take permission and book a slot to have a destination wedding at the castle.
4. Book other wedding services
- You may want to have some more arrangements for your destination wedding such as decor, wedding bouquet, champagne, fruit basket, chocolates, etc.
- The Castle wedding does not include all of this. You need to arrange it with the help of local vendors. If you have hired a destination wedding planner, then the wedding planner will make all the arrangements for you.
5. Keep guests minimum
- If you choose an elopement wedding, then it would be awesome for you. However, if you want to invite guests, you need to make sure you invite minimum guests.
- You are responsible to make sure the castle and artefacts at the castle are well-preserved by your guests. Also, your guests don’t disturb other tourists.
- To reduce your efforts, it is best to keep the guest list small.
These are the top 5 tips that you must follow to get married in a beautiful castle and have a luxury wedding.
Kronborg Castle is one of the most popular castles in the world. We provide the Kronborg Castle wedding package as part of our destination wedding packages for the couples that choose to get married in Denmark at the Kronborg Castle. Let’s discuss this in detail. Contact us NOW!