Getting married is a dream of many and it is important that you get a legal wedding certificate for your marriage. The foreign couples go for a destination wedding for two main reasons:
- They love the concept of destination wedding and that’s what they want, getting married at a beautiful and romantic destination
- Their resident country has some legal complexities due to which they cannot get the marriage certificate / license there
We have written many blogs about getting married in Denmark that covers the first point. Of course, Denmark is the best wedding location for the couples as it has many beautiful wedding locations to get married at.
Denmark is also one of the rare countries with very flexible wedding laws. Thus, it is perfect to get married in Denmark if you are facing any legal challenges in marriage process. In this Blog, we will share some more details about the legal wedding process for foreign couples in Denmark that proves that Denmark is the destination you are seeking for to get married.
- The wedding process for foreign couple is same as a local couple.
- The legal wedding ceremony takes 15-20 minutes.
- The documentation process is very easy. Check here to explore List of required documents to get married in Denmark.
- The Danish legislation allows couples with different nationality to get married. It means if you and your partner has a different nationality still you can get legally married with the same process and no additional hassle.
- The Danish legislation lets couples with different nationality and residence country get married.
- The Danish legislation allows gay and lesbian couples to get married with the same simple wedding process.
- You can Apostille your marriage certificate to make it internationally acceptable.
These are the top reasons that prove that any foreign couple can get married in Denmark. Elsinore, city of Denmark has even more flexible documentation for the wedding process.
We are a wedding planner in Elsinore and we have assisted many foreign couples to get married here. We assist in documentation, paperwork, wedding and Apostille processes. This way we assure we take care of all formalities so you can enjoy your wedding.
If you are facing any legal complexity in your home or resident country in your marriage process, contact us to discuss more.