Do you know, which is the easiest place to get married in Europe?
If you don’t know, let us tell you the answer. It is Denmark.
Many couples fly from different countries to Denmark to have a civil or a destination marriage ceremony.
Many couples choose to get married in Denmark because Denmark is blessed with beautiful locations to have a picture-perfect destination wedding. Some of the popular destinations to arrange a destination wedding for foreign couples in Denmark are as below:
- Elsinore City Hall
- Kronborg Castle
- Marienlyst Palace
- The Culture Harbour
- The “Han” sculpture
- Beachside Hotels
Many couples choose to get married in Denmark because of the easiest wedding process. Denmark is the easiest place to get married for any couple in Europe.
- Cross nationality couple
- LGBT couple
- Any other couple
For many ages, Denmark has been following very simple legislation related to civil marriage to let any couple in love tie knots with ease. Multiple reasons make Denmark the easiest place for marriage.
1. Simple paperwork
What makes getting married in Denmark easiest is its paperwork. You need just a few basic documents, which are listed hereunder:
- Declaration of marriage form (Duly filled)
- Passport or national ID
- Residence certificate
- Civil status certificate, also known as a letter of non-impediment
- Absolute divorce decree or death certificate (If anyone of you is divorced or widow)
- Power of Attorney (Optional. Needed if you hire a destination wedding planner in Denmark)
2. Easy and quick wedding process
Wedding laws in Denmark are very easy. The same wedding laws apply to any couple whether it is same sex marriage in Denmark or cross nationality couple tying knots in Denmark.
Wedding process in Denmark:
- Submit paperwork (all required documents) to the Danish authority for approval.
- The Danish authority will take 7 to 14 working days to review and approve. If you have all the required documents, nothing to worry about.
- Once your wedding is approved, you will get a wedding date. You can choose your preferred wedding date to get married in Denmark.
- Have a civil marriage ceremony. The legal marriage ceremony takes 15 to 30 minutes.
- Get a legal marriage certificate from the Danish government after your wedding.
3. Legal marriage certificate
Once your marriage ceremony is completed, the Danish government will issue a legal marriage certificate. The Apostille process of a marriage certificate makes it internationally accepted in any country.
Due to the simple wedding process and easy wedding law for all couples, many foreign couples choose to get married in Denmark.
We are one of the leading destination wedding planners in Denmark. We have arranged destination weddings for many foreign couples. If you are thinking to get married in Denmark, we can help you. Contact us to know more about getting married in Denmark and how we can help you with our affordable destination wedding services.