COVID 19 cases are increasing and thus travelling abroad is one of the major concerns these days. We are one of the destination wedding planners in Denmark and we have also postponed the prescheduled weddings by keeping the health of our clients in mind. In this situation of the pandemic, it is necessary to stay safe and take the required precautions. Of course, there is no need to panic, but taking steps of protection is always advised. Thus, we advise you to avoid travelling abroad, if you can. Still, if you have to travel abroad for any reason, here are some of the steps which you need to follow to be safe.
1. Do not visit highly affected countries
There is hardly any country in the world that is not fighting a battle against novel Coronavirus. According to the sources, all continents except Antarctica are affected by Coronavirus. The effect can change in different countries from time to time. Thus, before making a travel plan, make sure to check the information shared by the World Health Organization (WHO).
2. Follow instructions given by the WHO organization
There are many sources of information, but rely on only trustworthy sources. One of the most reliable sources of information related to health is the WHO (World Health Organization). Thus, you better explore and follow the safety instructions shared by the WHO. Some of the health tips shared by WHO are listed below:
- Try to limit touching things in public areas.
- Keep washing your hands thoroughly again and again. You must wash them with soap or soapy liquid. If you do not have access to soap and water, then rub your hands with sanitizer. Remember, washing hands is more effective than rubbing hands with sanitizer.
- Keep a safe distance from people and avoid going to the places where the masses gather such as public local market, malls, multiplexes, etc.
- If you feel sick, visit the doctor immediately. Common symptoms of Coronavirus infection are cold, fever, and difficulty in breathing.
3. Check your travel insurance
People often rely on travel insurance while travelling abroad. However, as COVID 19 is pandemic, insurance policies do not cover the COVID 19, especially, when you are visiting the affected countries such as Iran and Italy. You can review the terms or ask your travel insurance agent about the coverage of COVID19.
4. Check the restrictions in the country you are going to travel
A majority of countries are closing borders, but there are still some countries that allow foreigners to enter. If you have to travel and going to visit any other country, it is advisable to research on your own about the country, the status of COVID 19 in that country, the steps of precautions shared by the government of that country, the restrictions imposed by the government of that country, etc. This will help you make the travel plan and your stay.
Everyone is facing a tough time because of COVID19. However, one needs to have patience and take precautions. It is always better to be safe than sorry.