Denmark is one of the topmost choices for couples to have a wonderful destination wedding. It is also a perfect destination for LGBTQ couples as it is the friendliest country for LGBT couples. Denmark is renowned as one of the happiest countries in the world. All credit goes to friendly Danish legislation and compassionate locals. This is the reason thousands to millions of people visit this country for different reasons. One of the most popular reasons for visiting Denmark is to get married. Yes, Denmark is one of the most popular wedding destinations, not only for opposite sex couple, but also for same sex couple. Same sex couples get married in Denmark, and mark our words; they have the best experience and memories about their nuptials.
We, Elsinore Wedding, are a wedding planner in Elsinore city of Denmark and we would like to share the major reasons why Denmark is the best wedding location for same sex couples:
- Denmark has simpler laws to get married to foreigners and LGBT couples.
- Denmark has strict laws against discrimination based on sexual preferences.
- The rights of lesbians, gays, bisexuals and transgender (LGBT) people in Denmark are some of the broadest in the world
- Back in 1989, same sex marriages become legalized in Denmark and since then this law is in existence.
- Denmark is renowned as one of the most socially liberal countries in the world.
- The Danish law doesn’t make any difference between straight and LGBT couples. Any couple getting married here needs to follow the same process. This gives a sense of acceptance to each LGBT couple while they get married in Denmark.
- According to a poll result, a large majority of the Danish population supports same sex marriage and LGBT adoption.
- Denmark is used as an example by editors and publishers for its legislation and extensive view towards the LGBT community and Pride Parade is a great example of it.
- It has many LGBT community-friendly places where often LGBT people meet and have fun.
- The common people warmly welcome LGBT couples and make them feel part of them with smiling faces.
All the above mentioned reasons make Denmark the best place to get married to same sex couples. It not only makes your wedding memorable with a positive experience, but also ensures you have a comfortable stay without any criticism or dirty look.
We, Elsinore Wedding, have assisted LGBT couples to tie knots by arranging a destination wedding for them in one of the most beautiful cities of Denmark, namely, Elsinore. If you, too, want to get married in Denmark, please contact us to initiate a discussion.